Dear Fellow Orange County Resident,
I have served as Orange County Clerk-Recorder since April 2013. I have 28 years of County government experience. I am seeking your vote for re-election because I want to continue to manage my office in a cost-effective manner, provide high quality public services and protect public records. My accomplishments include the lowest real property recording fee in California and being the national leader in Electronic Recording with 10 million recordings since implementation. Other improvements include:
- Provide monthly Saturday service for marriage licenses and ceremonies, and passport applications, serving County residents at three locations since July 2013
- Implemented "Auto Indexing and Redaction" system, resulting in $3 million savings since 2015 and improving personal data security for real property documents
- Created new Fictitious Business Name System for new business owners
- Developed mobile OC Weddings application reducing wait time for marriage licenses and ceremonies
- Launched the COVID-19: Hitched at Honda Center through Marriage Services program, which won the prestigious Innovation Award from the California State Association of Counties and a National Achievement Award from the National Association of Counties
- Created the COVID-19: Hitched with Virtual Wedding Services program, which won a National Achievement Award from the National Association of Counties
- Reduced passport photo fees from $10 to $7
My father was an American soldier in the Vietnam War, who I was told had been killed in action. In 2018, after an almost 50-year search with a DNA submission to ancestry.com, I miraculously found my father, who is very much alive. I grew up in Orange County, going to high school and college here. My wife and I live in Santa Ana, where we raised our two children. I have been endorsed by dozens of elected and community leaders.
I would be honored to have your vote to re-elect me as your Orange County Clerk-Recorder.
Orange County Clerk-Recorder